The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing high level administrative support to the Executive Director and Deputy Director of the Portsmouth Housing Authority.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interact with a diverse group of external customers as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization.
- Coordinate schedules and calendars and organizing complex activities such as meetings, community outreach activities, board meetings and department activities.
- Communicate effectively and professionally and maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Administrative duties including but are not limited to: managing schedules, filing, making copies of correspondence or other printed materials, obtaining signatures on paperwork as needed, routing and distributing incoming email, faxes, mail or other materials, responding to inquiries, correspondences, and e-mail in a timely and responsive manner and researching information as needed.
- Preparation, taking and distributing meeting minutes.
- Maintaining certifications of all certifications and requirements for on-line systems with HUD and other regulators.
- Produce and maintain a variety of monthly and quarterly and as needed management reports.
- Implement company communications plan including website, emails, message boards and other media as directed.
- Ordering office supplies.
- Serve as back up the receptionist as needed.
Support of the Mission Statement
The mission of the Portsmouth Housing Authority is to be the leader in making quality affordable housing available for low and moderate income members of the community and to accomplish this mission by a fiscally responsible, creative organization committed to excellence. In pursuit of this mission, it is our intention to:
- Demonstrate excellence in leadership and management by working together as a team of residents, commissioners, staff, government and community;
- Ensure the efficient and effective maintenance and management of our properties;
- Foster a high performance staff with strong leadership, quality professional development opportunities, data-driven evaluation and teamwork in an environment full of pride, enthusiasm and respect;
- Demand and exemplify a commitment to integrity, professionalism and total honesty in a judgement free environment.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and a minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated administrative support experience as an Administrative Assistant or Executive Assistant, ideally for a “C” level executive.
Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize workload. Attention to detail, as well as advanced computer in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. The ability to anticipate needs, multitask and handle special projects with discretion and confidentiality is essential.
Ability to work in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to communicate effectively to common inquiries or complaints from customers or business members of the community.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Norma Laurent, Deputy Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org