For additional information and to apply, contact:
Portsmouth Housing Authority (PHA) is always looking for volunteers to assist our residents. PHA develops and manages quality affordable housing and provides rental assistance to families, seniors, and people with disabilities, in a manner that promotes respect for residents and builds strong neighborhoods.
If you are looking to make a difference in your local community, contact us to get involved. We offer service hours and letters of recommendation.
Ongoing volunteer opportunities include:
- Transportation for seniors & residents with disabilities
- Recreational event planning
- Companionship & light housekeeping
- Art or music class teaching
- Community dinner help
- After-school youth program help/mentorship
- Personal shopping
- Hair and beauty
- Seasonal maintenance
- Bring your service dog as a pet volunteer
- If you have a passion for something not listed here, we are always open to ideas and suggestions!
Looking for a practicum or internship? We will work with you to create a plan based on the PHA needs and your experience. No matter what major you are, reach out to us and we're happy to help.