Please use the drop-down list below to view the job description and online application link for the position you are interested in.
Reports to: Deputy Director
The Facilities Project Manager is ultimately accountable for oversight of all the facilities operations for PHA buildings and grounds; planning and budgeting, preventative maintenance, and construction projects. This position will ensure effective preventative maintenance programs are implemented and will manage all phases of project development and facility improvement projects. Additionally, the Facilities Project Manager will oversee all maintenance and construction projects, including capital improvements. This role demonstrates ownership and accountability to drive and maintain high standards of property conditions, cost effective improvements, and safety in our neighborhoods; partnering closely with PHA leadership and Property Managers, this role must be effective at building positive relationships with team members, residents and the wider Portsmouth community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the development of project scopes, budgets and schedules as part of the capital planning process.
- Manages the construction contracts to ensure compliance with construction plans and specifications.
- Coordinate with general contractors, design engineers and architects to ensure successful project-related deliverables.
- Demonstrates a ‘pro-active’ and ‘preventative’ approach to Maintenance including buildings and grounds; develops preventive maintenance program for housing units and grounds, undertakes advance planning and anticipates needs in materials and manpower and maintains inventory of materials, supplies and equipment.
- Partners closely with PHA leadership to identify, develop and implement capital improvement and maintenance projects; including identification and assessment of facility options, project management of construction and renovation projects, and assessing and making recommendations on energy efficiency, HVAC, and other renewable energy systems.
- Participates in budgeting and ensures efficient and cost-effective facility modifications, including estimates on equipment, labor, materials and other related costs.
- Oversees the coordination of building space allocation and layout and facility expansion; understands and interprets blueprints and zoning requirements as necessary
- Follows company policies and procedures, as well as regulatory requirements.
- Conducts site visits and walk-throughs of developments, grounds and/or dwelling units for purposes of planning and maintenance project management; performs quality control inspections on completed maintenance work.
- Practices safety precautions at all times and addresses or reports any unusual or unsafe conditions.
- Communicates appropriately and is courteous to residents, employees and the general public at all times.
- Coordinates with Property Managers to schedule vendors and contractors for necessary building repairs and emergencies that are outside the scope of routine maintenance.
- Partner closely with Deputy Director and Finance Director for planning, assessing budgets and scheduling facility modifications, including estimates on equipment, labor materials and other related costs.
- Attends regular staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as necessary
Support of the Mission Statement
The mission of the Portsmouth Housing Authority is to be the leader in making quality affordable housing available for low and moderate income members of the community and to accomplish this mission by a fiscally responsible, creative organization committed to excellence. In pursuit of this mission, it is our intention to:
- Demonstrate excellence in leadership and management by working together as a team of residents, commissioners, staff, government and community;
- Ensure the efficient and effective maintenance and management of our properties;
- Foster a high performance staff with strong leadership, quality professional development opportunities, data-driven evaluation and teamwork in an environment full of pride, enthusiasm and respect;
- Demand and exemplify a commitment to integrity, professionalism and total honesty in a judgement-free environment.
Minimum Qualifications: Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma (vocational education preferred) and a minimum of seven (7) years of relevant work experience.
- 2 years’ experience working in some form of construction or construction project management; must have ability to read and interpret blueprints and construction project plans
- Advanced skills or certification in one or more trade classifications.
- Demonstrated management/supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of equipment and procedures commonly used with facilities management.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, team members and residents.
- Implement effective facilities planning activities, prepare reports and work within established operating budgets.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check as well as be insured by the Portsmouth Housing Authority fleet insurance carrier.
- Excellent computer skills working with databases, Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel is also required.